The Fight Inequality Alliance seeks a temporary freelancer to work as the Events Manager to support the design and implementation of the upcoming Festival to Fight Inequality.
Timeframe: Starting asap, with contract until end of August 2021. Beginning on a part-time basis in May, and moving to full time from June-August.
Contract: Consultancy contract
Location: Home based, joining in all meetings virtually as needed
Remuneration: A competitive rate will be offered commensurate with skills and experience
Reporting to: Mobilisation Manager
How to apply: Email your CV and two page cover letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the role by no later than 20 May 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fight Inequality Alliance comprises leading national and international social movements, NGOs, women’s rights groups and trade unions across the world. We are deeply concerned about the impact of current shocking levels of inequality, and inspired by people’s collective struggles to build a more equal, more sustainable world. Rising inequality is hurting us all - holding up poverty reduction, harming the environment, hurting the economy, destabilising society, and undermining democracy.
Experts and international institutions now recognise that inequality must be tackled. And every government has pledged to reduce inequality within and between countries. But in practice not much progress is happening and in many countries we are even going backwards. When it comes to action they are still reaching for the same old failed solutions.
Only when people join together from the grassroots up, mobilising and organising to build power and demand accountability and greater equality, will things change. Together we are helping to build up people’s power and connect across organisations and borders to enable a more equal world. We are helping to build up national coalitions of the Fight Inequality Alliance to bring change at country level and taking action regionally and internationally to fight the structural causes of inequality.
Festival to Fight Inequality
The Alliance will be hosting a virtual global Festival to Fight Inequality in mid August 2021. The Festival will take place over 3 days and will be a counterpoint to the World Economic Forum’s Special Annual Meeting taking place in Singapore from 17-20 August. It will be a groundbreaking festival for the growing inequality movement to recharge ourselves, connect with others and act.
The Festival to Fight Inequality will host thousands of activists from 30+ countries and feature discussions on a range of inequality topics, cultural sessions, interactive workshops, movement building spaces, film screenings and more. Activists will be able to build their skills, strengthen relationships, practice self and collective care, and hear from grassroots leaders, community based organisations, artists, and musicians from across the alliance and the wider movement. The Festival will also be a space where we take action together on wealth taxes and unequal access and distribution of Covid-19 vaccines - key demands from our People’s Recovery Plan.
1. Providing overall coordination support for the Festival to Fight Inequality such as liaising with allies, partners, speakers, service providers, technical set up and volunteer management.
2. Provide proactive coordination and administrative support to the project team on communications, file management, event planning, procurement, writing copy for a range of external audiences, troubleshooting with allies etc. Serve as point of contact for coordination of all project team tasks and requests.
3. Manage project team communications, including development and circulation of meeting agendas, drafting and circulation of weekly updates.
5. With the Alliance Project Manager for the Festival, work with the contact points in national alliances and member organisations to ensure their proactive participation in the design, implementation and participation of the Festival.
6. Propose ways forward and take on tasks relating to digital engagement for the Festival, including promotion, programming and content support
Fight Inequality Alliance South Africa Media Statement:
ANALYSIS OF BUDGET POLICY STATEMENT BY KENYA FIGHT INEQUALITY ALLIANCE Big chang